Chief Financial Officer
Kodiak, AK (Pacific Spaceport Complex – Alaska (PSCA)
Alaska Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to lead the financial management responsibilities of this state-owned corporation. This individual will set the vision and direction for both short and long term budgeting, analysis and forecasting in strategic alignment with a high growth social enterprise with operations across the United States. The CFO will report directly to the CEO, will interact with the Board of Directors and be an important member of the senior leadership team.
This person will balance a strong vision for a growing finance team with a hands-on approach to managing the financial operations of a growing state-owned aerospace organization.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a vision for the finance team in alignment with the corporation’s strategic plan.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments and advise both the CEO and Board of Directors of risk mitigation options.
- Manage the development of the annual budget for approval by CEO.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Generate monthly financial statements and reports which analyze all expenses, revenues and the balance sheet.
- Generate a monthly financial dashboard which accurately forecasts cash, revenue and expenses.
- Review and approve expenditures to ensure budget compliance and efficient use of funds.
- Oversee corporate capitalization policies and application of depreciation to capital assets
- Put all necessary systems and controls in place to manage the financial activities maintaining compliance with the highest ethical standards, all applicable laws, regulations and requirements of funders.
- Coordinate and prepare for financial audits as required by the State of Alaska, governmental agencies, including Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) annual incurred cost submissions, or other organizations.
- Work closely with project capture and management teams to provide necessary financial analysis for proposals and support for revenue generation.
- Install procedures to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses where possible.
- Strengthen internal financial management controls to protect financial assets.
- Manage annual audit and serve as the liaison with the audit firm.
- Prepare and manage all tax submissions to IRS and other state taxation entities.
- Lead finance department in insuring grant compliance and organizational contract oversight.
- Manage insurance policies for domestic and international programs, liability, directors and officers, and worker’s compensation; and negotiate annual renewal with vendor.
- Update and maintain Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Earnest and sincere commitment to Alaska Aerospace’s Mission and Core Values.
- Intelligent, compassionate, driven and determined.
- Operates with service ethic and customer service orientation.
- Collaborative and consultative work style.
- Ability to develop team-wide vision and direction for a portfolio of diverse projects.
- Experience leading fiscal year planning.
- Experience building, coaching, and mentoring high-performing personnel.
- High energy and motivation to understand the perspectives of others.
- CPA required.
- At least 10 years experience managing all accounting functions (Cash, P/R, A/P, Billing, Revenue, Projects, Indirect Expenses, Fixed Assets, etc.) for a federal government contractor.
- 5-7 years of senior management experience, including experience supervising a team.
- Strong working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s), Costs Accounting Standards (CAS), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Familiar with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization.
- Previous experience interfacing with Board of Directors on financial and strategic matters.
- Strong strategic, analytical and financial planning skills.
About Alaska Aerospace
Alaska Aerospace is a state-owned corporation established to develop an aerospace industry in the state. Alaska Aerospace operates the Pacific Spaceport Complex – Alaska (PSCA), the nation’s first commercial spaceport not collocated on a federal range, that provides responsive and efficient launch capability for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) polar, sun synchronous, and high inclination orbits. PSCA is located at Narrow Cape on Kodiak Island, Alaska. Alaska Aerospace headquarters is in Anchorage.
Please apply online at Indeed.com