Electrical Maintenance Technician
Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Aurora Launch Services Spaceport Manager, the Electrical Maintenance Technician performs a variety of skilled and highly technical tasks with respect to the electrical and mechanical facilities, systems, and equipment at Pacific Spaceport Complex – Alaska. This position requires journeyman level electrician assignments for both facility and mission related projects.
This is a full-time position located in Kodiak, AK; schedule varies depending on site operational needs and flexibility is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. General infrastructure maintenance tasks, including electrical distribution systems, security systems, plumbing, water and sewage systems, and interior facility systems.
2. Installs, repairs, calibrates, maintains lighting systems, power distribution systems, electrical fixtures, motors, outlets, switches, and controls.
3. Provide scheduled systems maintenance, diagnostic troubleshooting, and repair
4. Repair, construct, install, troubleshoot, and maintain routine electrical system and equipment.
5. Install, test, and maintain heavy duty and high voltage electrical system including distribution and substation equipment.
6. Operate the electronic locating device for underground cable location and validation
7. Provide vendor/procurement data for all jobs.
8. Establish routine maintenance schedule.
9. Assist in the documentation for operational support and maintenance of assigned areas.
10. Provide electrical support to launch personnel on a day-to-day basis during launch campaigns.
11. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the electrical trade, related technical facility maintenance or repair of complex multiple occupancy buildings experience.
- Ability to obtain a State of Alaska Electrical Journeyman License.
- Working knowledge of high voltage and power generation systems and power grids.
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm systems, electric test equipment, utility locator equipment.
- Familiarity with automation systems and HVAC control systems.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems, record keeping and documentation.
- Understand and follow OSHA safety guidelines in the workplace.
- Use and operate tools, equipment, or machines of varying difficulty / knowledge of practices, procedures, materials, and equipment typical of building and facilities.
- Must be qualified in safe operation of standard logistics support equipment (forklifts, man lifts, tractor-trailers, loaders).
- Experience with inspecting buildings and other facilities and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of and skill to interpret drawings, blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, problem-solving skills, and ability to exercise independent judgement and follow through to completion.
- Proven ability to work well in an open team environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Willing and able to work extending hours and on weekends, as required by mission milestones.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance in accordance with 32 CFR 117.10; existing clearance preferred.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
- Experience in the areas of commercial and industrial systems to include electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls preferred.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and terminology in automotive, heavy equipment, and other logistics equipment operations and maintenance.
- Background in various types of heavy equipment is desired.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.
Please apply online on Indeed.com or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For questions call (907) 486-2271. This position will remain open until filled. Visit application here.