Executive Administrative Assistant
Alaska Aerospace Corporation (AAC): is a state-owned corporation established to develop an aerospace industry in the state. Alaska Aerospace operates the Pacific Spaceport Complex – Alaska (PSCA), the nation’s first commercial spaceport not collocated on a federal range, that provides responsive and efficient launch capability for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) polar, sun synchronous, and high inclination orbits. PSCA is located at Narrow Cape on Kodiak Island, Alaska. Alaska Aerospace headquarters is in Anchorage.
Position Description: The Executive Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Alaska Aerospace (AAC) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and provide effective administrative support to other senior staff. This support includes but is not limited to performing routine and recurring assignments including scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, the successful candidate should be proactive, meet deadlines and possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage AAC employee time reporting and travel reimbursement.
- Undertakes the tasks of receiving visitors, calls and emails and redirect them when appropriate, take messages, and route correspondence.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing minor purchasing functions.
- Point of contact for Design/Order Inventory.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Maintain an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Handling CEO and senior executives’ requests and queries appropriately.
- Manage CEO calendar.
- Maintain and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes, to include acting as POC for AAC and ALS Board of Director Meetings.
- Produce reports and presentation materials.
- Make travel arrangements, as directed by traveler.
- Monitor office supplies and negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective orders.
- Schedule and manage corporate attendance for Industry Tradeshows, Symposiums and Conferences.
- Handle public information requests.
- Manage Social Media Accounts.
- Conduct research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or GED certificate; additional qualification as personal assistant would be considered an advantage.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines.
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person).
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong computer skills using accounting software. Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in English.
- Able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
The is a full-time position located in Anchorage, Alaska.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Alaska Aerospace Corporation to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.