Position Vacancy Announcement
GL & Audit DCAA Accountant | Aurora Launch Services (ALS)
Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace. Most operations are based in Kodiak, Alaska.
Primary Job Description and Responsibilities
The GL & Audit DCAA Accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining general accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and government purchasing regulations (Federal Acquisition Regulations). Tasks include:
- Analyze data obtained and organize results into management reports using standard spreadsheet or database software programs
- Performs complete close (monthly, quarterly &/or annual)
- Ensures proper classification of cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly
- Reconciles accounts including balance sheet, fixed assets, payroll, bank and credit card statements
- Responsible for client communications in timely fashion and per company Evaluate client requests and channel to proper levels within the company.
- Review the work of junior accounting
- Responsible and takes ownership of indirect tasks assigned by Under limited supervision assists in preparation for annual fiscal audit, government audits and required audit reporting.
- Has a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish
- Will work under general supervision of the CFO in conjunction with other team
- Conformance to GAAP standards and FAR are a must.
The GL & Audit DCAA Accountant, will determine and implement cost accounting procedures and methods including, but not limited to Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Balance Sheet Management, Cash Flow, Data entry, Job Costing & Preparation of Job Cost Reports, Indirect Rate Calculations, Multi-ledger reconciliation, Electronic &/or Manual Timekeeping systems, Ad-hoc reporting, and Budgeting.
Ideal candidate would have 5-7 years of accounting experience, preferably in governmental services.
- Experience with job cost accounting and government Knowledge of DCAA standards, FAR, and DOD contracts is essential. GASB knowledge is preferred
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles
- 5-7 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience
- Must have advanced level Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Ability to review grant and contract documents for terms and conditions
- Cost Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- DCAA: 3 years (Required)
- Sage Intacct or JDE (Preferred)
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field. (Required)
- Possessor Within 90 days of employment be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Verification to legally work in the US and updated as required
- Preemployment drug screening is required
Location and Hours
This is a full-time position located in Anchorage or Kodiak, Alaska 8AM-5PM or as agreed. Telecommuting eligible with core working hours 8AM-3PM Alaska time with travel to Alaska quarterly if unable to fill regionally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.
Please send a cover letter and resume with references via email to: Robert.email@example.com or submit application at https://auroralaunchservices.com/careers/
This position will remain open until filled