Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Aurora Launch Services President and leadership, the Project Manager assumes responsibility for oversight of all spaceport enhancement and capital improvement projects, providing management and technical support for project development and implementation, and must be able to self-manage tasks and deliverables, be familiar with risk mitigation and ensure project schedule commitments are met. Collaborate closely with project managers to ensure the completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope of set deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring progress and performance of departments.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely execution
2. Assists with program and project definition; directs the short and long term planning, coordinate with internal functional managers and leadership teams to identify and allocate resource requirements, help implement project goals, establish objectives, processes, and procedures
3. Evaluates the safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness of employees assigned to projects; if deficiencies are encountered, reconciles with the supervisory hierarchy
4. Monitor multiple projects and priorities and make timely decisions to keep projects on track to meet financial, scope, and quality expectations in accordance with defined project requirements
5. Communicate and articulate clearly all spaceport needs across various teams; ensure project staffing is adequate for on-time completion
6. Understanding and directing contract conditions and scope of work in the field
7. Performs analytical, planning, problem-solving, gains internal support to operate and establish strong working relationship with vendors, staff, and leadership
8. Assist with job tasks, procurement activities and track expenditures as required to complete capital budget projects
9. Prepare regular project status reports and corrective action plans including issues, risk, and budget and schedule status
10. Holds oneself and team accountable for results by setting clear expectations, reviewing, tracking performance, and making timely course corrections
11. Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Project Management, Business, Economics or other relevant technical degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive project management experience; or any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted projects and see them through completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Microsoft Project
- Understanding of budgeting and cost control methods, procurement practices and regulations
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; able to manage projects, scope changes and schedules of differing size and complexity
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills for the resolution of anomalies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to work well in an open team environment, and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively coordinate with vendors, customers, engineers, architects, contractors, and consultants to analyze technical and project requirements
- Must possess strong decision-making skills, with the ability to consider a broad range of internal/external factors when problem solving and rendering decisions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance
- Willing and able to work extending hours and on weekends, as required
- Background check and drug screen required
This is a full-time exempt position located in either Kodiak, AK or Anchorage, AK. Involves travel, field time and office time. Launch campaigns require position to work at PSCA in Kodiak.
- Work experience in Aerospace/Aviation industry preferred, strong construction background a plus, working knowledge of AutoCAD highly desired
- Project/Program management demonstrated experience or certification (such as a PMI certification)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.
Please apply online on Indeed.com or send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.