Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: This position is the office facilitator and first impression to visitors. The Administrative Assistant is required to have a continuous positive, inviting countenance, and work independence. This position performs general clerical duties and special projects as assigned, and is responsible for answering, directing, and forwarding incoming calls for multiple lines, processing security badges, and maintaining the office common areas. To be successful in this role, the successful candidate should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service and general assistance to PSCA staff, customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and the general public in person or by telephone.
- Maintain record of name and corporate affiliation of all visitors.
- Operate main switchboard; undertake the tasks of receiving calls and emails and redirect them when appropriate, take messages, and route correspondence.
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, filing, and recordkeeping.
- Prepare and/or enter a variety of information into applicable documents, spreadsheets, databases, logs, etc.
- Operate and maintain badging system and records.
- Organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner.
- Maintain office supplies and materials, including ordering and inventory.
- Assist in planning and scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and activities.
- Provide support to launch personnel on a day-to-day basis during launch campaigns.
- Assist with job tasks as required for missions, programs, and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or the equivalent, and a minimum of five (5) years of secretarial / clerical experience.
- Preferred experience in Aerospace or Commercial/Government Aviation desired.
- Must possess the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office administrative procedures, including requisitioning, stock maintenance, filing, and correspondence.
- Proficient in standard business practices, such as correspondence formats, grammar, composition, spelling, and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, computer systems, MS Office software applications, and common business data processing equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Able to organize and plan recordkeeping and filing systems for the work area.
- Able to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast-paced launch operation environment.
- Able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Hold, or be able to obtain, a valid Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance; existing clearance preferred.
The position is a part-time position with varying work schedules depending on the duration of customer launch campaigns and project milestones.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.