Maintenance Technician (Level I – IV)
Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: Under the direction the Department Lead, this position field resources for operating, maintaining, and repairing the Pacific Spaceport Complex-Alaska (PSCA) facilities, infrastructure, systems, and equipment.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available located in Kodiak, AK; schedule varies depending on site operational needs and flexibility is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Work within a team environment to ensure smooth and efficient assignment and completion of work orders, projects, and job tasks.
2. Perform help on general infrastructure tasks, including water and sewage systems, electrical distribution systems, security systems, building envelopes, interior facility systems, plumbing and electrical.
3. Perform general road and ground maintenance.
4. Assist in the documentation needed for operational support and maintenance of assigned areas.
5. Operate support equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, and other heavy equipment.
6. Perform grounds work as directed by Department Lead which may include picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, and maintaining landscaping areas.
7. Provide support to launch personnel on a day-to-day basis during launch campaigns.
8. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance systems, record keeping and documentation.
- A working knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and terminology applied to automotive, heavy equipment, and other logistics equipment operations and maintenance.
- Understand and follow OSHA safety guidelines in the workplace.
- Communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with staff, customers, and the public in a variety of settings.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Work productively as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to work extended hours, overtime, and on weekends, as required by mission milestones.
- Qualification in safe operation of standard logistics support equipment including forklifts, man lifts up to 60 feet.
- Valid Driver’s License required. May require a CDL.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance in accordance with 32 CFR 117.10; existing clearance preferred.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
- High school diplomas or equivalent certificate, with a minimum or two (2) to four (4) years related experience.
- Proficient in the safe and effective use of all types of power and hand tools in performing hands-on equipment installation and maintenance.
- High school diplomas or equivalent certificate, with a minimum or seven (7) to ten (10) years related experience.
- Advanced training and/or certification in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, industrial coating or communications required.
- Qualification in safe operation of standard logistics support equipment including forklifts over 5K, man lifts over 60 feet, tractor trailers, loaders, and overhead cranes up to 25T.
- Past working experience in the aerospace industry, with a preference towards experience in the space oriented industry; such as spaceport operations, space systems operations, or launch vehicle development/operations.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.
Please apply online on Indeed.com or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For questions call (907) 486-2271. This position will remain open until filled. Visit application here.