Maintenance Technician I
Aurora Launch Services (ALS): Aurora Launch Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alaska Aerospace, established to provide low cost, highly reliable launch services on a contract basis to both government and commercial space launch customers worldwide. The company is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, co-located with Alaska Aerospace.
Position Description: This position performs general facility maintenance and support tasks under the direction of the Department Lead or designee.
- Work within a team environment to ensure smooth and efficient assignment and completion of work orders, projects, and job tasks.
- Perform help on general infrastructure maintenance tasks, including water and sewage systems, electrical distribution systems, security systems, building envelopes, interior facility systems, plumbing and electrical.
- Perform general road and ground maintenance.
- Assist in the documentation needed for operational support and maintenance of assigned areas.
- Perform grounds work as directed by Department Lead which may include picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, and maintaining landscaping areas.
- Complete payroll time sheets and submit to supervisor as determined
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all customers, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Provide support to launch personnel on a day-to-day basis during launch campaigns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate
- Understand and follow OSHA safety guidelines in the workplace
- Strong self-starter and ability to be successful with minimal supervision
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively in face-to-face, one-on-one setting
- Must be able to work varying hours/shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Able to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Aurora Launch Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
A competitive salary and benefits package, determined upon experience level of individual, will be negotiated after an offer to hire has been given.
Please apply online on Indeed.com. This position will remain open until filled.